The Coronavirus “COVID-19” has been creating many new and unusual challenges for everyone and will continue for some time. The health and safety of your employees, our haulers and our employees, is of highest priority to McAsphalt.
To be most effective, the physical distancing measures outlined by our Federal and Provincial Health Authorities must be undertaken and must be strictly followed by everyone. We believe it is imperative we behave in a proactive strategy and do everything possible to mitigate the impact of the current situation.
We are asking all Customers, Carriers, Transport Trucks to call ahead of time for access to our facilities. Upon arrival, the individual will be asked to answer a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- We are asking all Customers, Carriers, Transport Trucks to call ahead of time for access to our facilities. Upon arrival, the individual will be asked to answer a COVID-19 questionnaire
- Where electronic signing is not available, scale operators will sign tickets on behalf of the drivers and then hand the tickets to them; drivers can choose to obtain a customer signature on their driver copy at the sites
- Office staff, that are able, will be working remotely and available via email, video conferencing and by mobile phone
- In-person meetings will be limited, but if required, all correspondence will be as recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada
- McAsphalt employees returning from abroad will go into self-isolation for at least 14 days. We ask that any drivers/customers returning from abroad would respect the 14-day self-isolation period as well
- Any employee presenting symptoms will immediately go into voluntary self-isolation and be tested in accordance with guidance from health authorities. We ask that drivers/customers do the same
McAsphalt will continue to closely monitor the situation and business continues to proceed with new restrictions. The above measures are being put in place at our Asphalt and Emulsion Facilities to accommodate safety and physical distancing. Guidelines will continue to evolve; 2 Provinces have recently shut down non-essential services. Please stay in contact with your Salesperson, Facility Manager, Dispatcher and other McAsphalt contacts to get the latest information.
Thank you for your support.
President, McAsphalt Industries Limited