McAsphalt’s waterproofing membrane is a flexible, hot-applied, polymer-modified asphalt waterproofing/roofing membrane. It is composed of a unique blend of engineered asphalts, virgin polymers, synthetic rubbers, and reinforcing mineral fillers. It has excellent adhesive and cohesive properties that combine to eliminate any lateral movement of water between the membrane and the substrate. The membrane forms a seamless, continuous, monolithic waterproofing membrane that is impermeable to moisture and remains flexible over a wide range of temperatures.
General Product Features:
- Easily applied over a wide range of temperatures with either a squeegee or a hand-held wand equipped with an appropriate applicator tip
- Monolithic and seamless membranes are more reliable and impermeable than traditional “peel-and-stick” or “torch-on” membranes.
- Can be placed at ambient temperatures as low as -18˚C, significantly extending the construction season
- Can be applied in either a single-ply layer or double-ply, fibreglass-reinforced layer for enhanced performance and resistance to traffic and high-shear stress
- Must be heated in a double boiler, oil-jacketed kettle