B.D.M. Bridge Deck Membrane on Matheson Blvd. East
HOT APPLIED RUBBERIZED ASPHALT WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE
MACSEAL BDM™ is a hot-applied, flexible, polymer-modified asphalt waterproofing/roofing membrane. It is composed of a unique blend of engineered asphalts, virgin polymers, synthetic rubbers and reinforcing mineral fillers. MACSEAL BDM™ has excellent adhesive and cohesive properties which combine to eliminate any lateral movement of water between the membrane and the substrate. MACSEAL BDM™ forms a seamless continuous monolithic waterproofing membrane which is impermeable to moisture penetration and remains flexible over a wide range of temperatures.
RECOMMENDED USE: MACSEAL BDM™ is designed to protect structures from costly damage caused by water and salt infiltration.
GENERAL PRODUCT FEATURES :
- Easily applied over a wide range of temperatures with either a squeegee or a hand-held wand equipped with an appropriate applicator tip
- Monolithic and seamless membranes are more reliable and impermeable than traditional “peel-and-stick” or “torch-on” membranes
- Can be placed at ambient temperatures as low as -18˚C, which significantly extends the construction season.
- Can be applied in either a single-ply layer or double-ply fibreglass-reinforced layer for enhanced performance and resistance to traffic and high-shear stress
- Must be heated in double boiler/oil-jacketed kettle